I’ll be holding seminar next week in Wellington (24/7/13) about making change., One of the things I will be talking about is habits. Here’s a brief taster of some of the content I will cover.
- You keep bad habits for a reason
- Most of our bad habits have two culprits at their root: stress and boredom
- You don’t eliminate a bad habit. You replace it
- If you don’t meet the need that your bad habit fulfilled, you won’t last very long with what you try to replace it with
- Breaking bad habits takes time and effort, but mostly it’s about perseverance
- You might fail multiple times. That doesn’t mean you won’t succeed
I’ll talk more about how to break bad habits and create good ones during the workshop, as well as the stages of change that you can expect to go through. You can pretty much apply this to all levels of your life and athletic performance – whether you are a novice or high achiever,
If you are interested in coming along and learning more, do sign up here. I think it will be a fun evening with interesting people to network with too.